Business & Leadership Insights
Our latest thinking on the issues that matter most in organisations.
The value you add is the real contribution you make to your organisation's success. Performing the activities listed in your job description or your job specification is important and makes a contribution. However, your value-add moves beyond mere activities or tasks performed and illuminates, instead, the overall contributions you make to your organisation's success.
In today's global marketplace, the price customers are willing to pay for a product or service is based on their perceived value. Adding value, also called "valued-added," to your company’s products and services is helpful to both your organisation and customers. Adding value is anything that improves your company's business, whether that's increasing performance, shaping organisational culture, implementing a strategy or being prepared for unique situations.
Adding Value in Your Organisation
Value-added activities or contributions most often produce measurable results for your organisation. These are things that make your organisation better, more profitable, and a nicer place to work.
Value-add contributions include measurable roles and activities. These are value-add activities and contributions with the role we play to support you:
1. Get specific expertise: Our clients approach us because of our skills and expertise, when it is not possible to carry out a particular goal through in-house staff. In many cases, this is a cost effective way for them to find solution for a messy problem.
2. Identify internal problems: When employees are too close to a problem inside an organisation, it is difficult them to recognise it. Our experienced consultants can easily identify such things and able to solve the issue.
3. Supplement your company's internal staff: As our consultants act as separate entity for an organisation, you can save a substantial amount of money by contracting with our consultant rather than employing a full time staff. Even though our fees are generally higher than an employee's salary, over the long haul, our consultant tends to be a less expensive option.
4. Get a catalyst for change: Generally, employees would be reluctant for a drastic change, which is needed in an organisation. This has been always headache for many companies. Our consultant can do things without worrying about the corporate culture, employee morale, or other issues that tend to elicit high emotions and dissension in the ranks.
5. Get a fresh outlook: Our consultants can provide a fresh objective viewpoint about a problem from different perspective than internal staffs do. They can also deliver the results without being concerned about what workers in the organisation might think about the results and how they were achieved.
6. Train your staff: Our consultant can easily transfer the knowledge and skills that they posses to someone else. That is why it is very important that our consultants stay abreast of advances and developments in their chosen field so information can be passed on to clients knowledgeably and authoritatively.
7. Accomplish your company's "sensitive work": This is true. No one wants to be the person who has to make staff or program cuts. Our impartial consultants are the perfect people to handle such unpleasant tasks.
8. Give your organisation a rebirth: Our consultants are very good at proposing new ideas with their innovative visions. As subject matter experts who can think about innovative ideas, they can help your company to retool or reinvent itself.
9. Make the ground ready for new business: Entrepreneurs and visionaries who wish to leave the groundwork--and grunt work--to someone else really need the help of our management consultants. In this role, our consultants may also assist with the day-to-day operations of the new venture.
10. Acquire contacts: Our consultants have years of experience in specific domain, it is obvious that they have huge amounts of contacts with various people in different industries. It could be with the movers and shakers in business, or big business tycoons or manufacturers. Organisations are glad to tap into their knowledge.
There are numerous projects in which partnering with our consultants can help organisations add value more efficiently and effectively. They are an essential and integral part of any organisation. They provide critical insights and recommendations that help organisations reach their desired goals. While the role of our consultants is often misunderstood, the value they bring to an organisation is undeniable.
Gestaldt Consultants, Partners and Thought Leaders.
All Agile Capability Building Change Management Compliance Culture Digital Diversity And Inclusion Growth Guest Post Human Resources IT Consulting Leadership Development Management Consulting Marketing People And Organisation Performance Resilience Risk Solutions Strategy Sustainability Technology Training Transformation